[lbo-talk] How Americans would respond

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Apr 30 17:48:20 PDT 2005

"Autoplectic" wrote:

"The horrors of the 20th century are enough to disabuse more than a few
>humans on this planet of thinking in terms of the 'ultimate destiny of
mankind'; it is hubris and megalomania on steroids.........."

Ian may have been disabused of thinking, but the fact remains: our species will evolve or it will devolve into worse-than-barbarism. Those "horrors of the 20th century" are enough to force that modification of Rosa's classic formula.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos