[lbo-talk] capitalism is boring........

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:03:03 PDT 2005

>From: Autoplectic <autoplectic at gmail.com>
>
><http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/01/business/yourmoney/01women.html>
>
>May 1, 2005
>Behind the Exodus of Executive Women: Boredom
>By CLAUDIA H. DEUTSCH
>
>WOMEN now outnumber men in managerial and professional positions, and
>most companies have installed policies that aim to help their leaders
>balance the demands of job and family.
>
>Yet three decades after a woman first became chief executive of a
>Fortune 500 company, fewer than 2 percent of the biggest corporations
>are run by women. Executive recruiters and corporate boards could be
>forgiven for asking themselves why.
>
>The answer, experts are beginning to conclude, has less to do with
>discrimination in the corporate suite or pressures at home than with
>frustration and boredom on the job. "Men will grit their teeth and
>bear everything, while women will say: 'Is this all there is? I need
>more than this!' " said Mabel M. Miguel, a professor of management at
>the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina
>at Chapel Hill.

I need! I need! I need! How solipsistic can you get? What the whole damn society needs is a different economic system so that jobs below the CEO level don't impose the insane demands that they do today.

Women have certainly proved that, as executives, that can be self-centered assholes as egregious as male executives are. We have to get beyond the fatuous aim of "equal opportunity" when the system itself is so corrupt and corrupting.

Carl