[lbo-talk] Culture? was How Americans...

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sat Apr 30 21:40:30 PDT 2005

Sure, fine, but why preserve the culture concept at all? I would say that it played a role 100 years ago, when whiteys needed to be shown that Adam Smith and Social Darwinist presumptions were BS.

I don't know of a single instance where the culture concept has helped, by the standards of the 21st century. It's a non-scientific concept, a modern morph of "race."