[lbo-talk] the flavor of WBAI

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:11:47 PDT 2005

WBAI does seem to be dominated by a decrepit mafioso of incompetent race-baiters, indeed, 'BAI reminds me of some 'leftist' Third World dictatorships of the 1970s; people such as Forbes Burnham in Guyana, and Idi Amin in Uganda, Muammar Quaddafi in Libya etc., who spewed forth nationalist, anti-western (anti-white) rhetoric and entertained and/or supported all sort of sinister characters, in order to distract from their corruption and thuggery. This crowd at WBAI also seems to have an inordinate amount of influence on the Pacifica National Board through the so-called 'Justice and Unity Coalition' - an amalgam of 'people of color' nationalist groups (mainly black and latino) which I believe to be the main source of many of Pacifica's problems - specifically, they are responsible for maintaining a (so far) effective barrier to any efforts to inspect and audit Pacifica's finances.

Joe W.