[lbo-talk] Motives of the London bombers

ravi lbo at kreise.org
Tue Aug 2 08:12:34 PDT 2005

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/31/london.tube/

[...]

Osman also claimed the July 21 group was not working for al Qaeda, the Islamic terrorist organization behind the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the United States, last year's Madrid train bombings and numerous atrocities worldwide.

Further, the source said, Osman told authorities the bombs were meant to draw attention to anger over the war in Iraq and not to kill anyone.

"I am against war," the source quoted Osman as saying. "I've marched in peace rallies and nobody listened to me. I never thought of killing people."

[...]