[lbo-talk] French flix (was: the state (was: WBAI scores ... ))

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:41:50 PDT 2005

you may enjoy Malle's "Elevator to the Gallows" which is currently at art theaters. It's a lot of fun, in a pre-nouvelle vague and film noir way.

> I'm waiting for Criterion to release that one on DVD.
> I've been on a Bunuel kick lately and just got their
> recent release of Phantom of Liberty (as well as
> Godard's Tout va Bien!).

-- Jim Devine "Poverty runs down hill and settles in the low places, while wealth can go up to the hill top and select its own position." -- Henry Ward Beecher.