[lbo-talk] Anti Latin American Postings

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 17:16:33 PDT 2005

Cristobal...

I'd certainly like to read more informed opinion about what's happening in Latin America so please don't assume interest is at level zero. Far from it. In fact, just the other week I got involved in a noisy debate about Mexican politics with some very knowledgeable friends that I should have shared with the list.

So interest is high even if posting on the topic (right now) is low.

Regarding Frank's post and the apparent accepting silence...

Lord, there are days when crossing swords with the crankily arched eyebrow cohort seems very much like the endless battle it is and you choose to just let it go for a spell...sit yet another 'what the fuck are you talking about?' debate out for a moment.

Fortunately Doug, in his role as moderator, takes point to make sure the most egregious stuff (or most easily misinterpreted) doesn't go publicly unchallenged.

Even so, others on list silence doesn't mean we're all co-signing onto whatever angry grandpa mini manifestos you may read.

And, as "B" wrote we're (for good reason) limited to three posts a day so you may not get your chance during a 24 hour post cycle to send a 'whaaaaa?' response to some outrageous foolishness.

.d.

-- http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> groove to my groove