[lbo-talk] Basaev

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Aug 4 11:07:00 PDT 2005

Jim:
> So you support the terrorism of the US state?

Certainly not. In fact I think that Bush and other members of this administration are war criminals and should be tried as such. However, there is much more to the US state than committing wear crimes here and there from time to time.

The point I was raising is that I am fed up with the small-is-beautiful, down-with-big-government-and-big-corporations, family-and-a-small-circle-of-friends-ueber-alles, individuals-before-society mentality that is so wide spread in this country (the latest convert to this mantra is Rick Santorum himself!).

I agree, however, that blank statements about the "US left" are not warranted and usually very misleading - so I retract that part.

Wojtek