[lbo-talk] Headshot - New International Procedural Standards Adopted

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:07:36 PDT 2005

Wojtek:
> Earlier this week, a criminal escaping in a stolen car at 140mph in a busy city
> street rammed into another car killing two people literally on my doorsteps.
> That would have been avoided, had the police adopted the shoot to kill policy in
> that case.

are there only two alternatives, i.e., (1) having the police let him go or (2) having the police act as prosecutors, judges, juries, and executioners all wrapped up in one? (The latter seems to put a lot of weight on the cops' competencies and consciences, no?)

In L.A., there are lots of car chases (no surprise, since cars are our religion). One solution that the cops have used is to let the runner drive until he or she runs out of gas... There must be other alternatives. -- Jim Devine "I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -- Jerome K. Jerome.