[lbo-talk] health care reform = revolution?

tfast at yorku.ca tfast at yorku.ca
Thu Aug 4 21:00:24 PDT 2005

No I am not joking at all. And although I do not know the precise rates for Ontario (because they just introduce annual fees-yes prior to this year insurance was completely free)I do know that as a student it still is free (unless you have a federal scholarship which raises you above the low income cut-off). My dad pays about $1400 a year in premiums in British Columbia to insure himself and his wife and they make over the median average income. Do not believe the BS that is spouted in the US about the canadian health system. For 90% of the population it is vastly superior to what you have in the US.

Travis