[lbo-talk] Deutsche Welle, Iran-Redaktion, Wants to Interview Rostam Pourzal

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Aug 7 08:00:07 PDT 2005

Keivandokht Ghahari, editor of Deutsche Welle, Iran-Redaktion, contacted mrzine.org, seeing to interview Rostam Pourzal, who wrote an article about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's election for us. Cool.

It turns out that Keivandokht Ghahar is a scholar in his own right, author of Nationalismus und Modernismus in Iran in der Periode zwischen dem Zerfall der Qagaren-Dynastie und der Machtergreifung Reza Schah: Eine Untersuchung über die intellektuellen Kreise um die Zeitschriften Kaweh, Iransahr und Ayandeh (Berlin: Klaus Schwarz Verlag, 2001, cf. <http://journals.cambridge.org/bin/bladerunner? 30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=0&500000REQSUB=&REQSTR1=S0020743804372065>). I'll look into what his take on nationalism and modernism in Iran is, but if anyone knows that (or anyone you know knows that), let me know. (Or maybe I'll just ask Ghahari.)

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>