[lbo-talk] Robin Cook

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 13:49:49 PDT 2005

>From: "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>
>
>Carl qestions my assertion: 'Cook's role as architect of New Labour's
>ethical imperialism was promptly forgotten by the left ...'
>
>But here is 'Stop The War Coalition convenor Lindsey German' saying 'Mr
>Cook had set a good example and would be "sorely missed". '
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4128718.stm

I also see from that piece that George Galloway eulogizes Cook as "Labour to his fingertips," which strikes me as equivocal praise since Galloway is now affiliated with Respect, not Labour.

Carl

VOTE RESPECT 2005 Are you fed up with the main political parties? Labour, Lib Dems,Tories – sound the same, say the same thing and offer nothing to working people in this country.

-- From http://www.respectcoalition.org/elect/index.php