[lbo-talk] Unofficial de-Baathification process in Iraq Continues

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:49:57 PDT 2005

On Monday, August 08, 2005 7:04 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>
>> One undefined variable that allows it to go on unassailed...
>> The definition of neocon. There is no standard.
>
> Sure there is. There's the old-style neocon, like Irving Kristol.
> Mostly cultured former anti-communist leftists, they turned right on
> issues around race, crime, and welfare. They're not anti-statists;
> they often believe in state enforcement of morality and order. Not
> terribly interested in economic issues.

Dixie-Crats!

> And then there are the
> neo-cons around Bush - assertive nationalists who love the military
> and hate multilateralism. There's considerable ideological overlap
> between the two senses; they're fond of the right kind of state power
> and aren't terribly interested in economics. They love discipline and
> order. And they're more cerebral than your garden variety American
> conservative.

Type one is cultured.... (maybe within their own society?) and type 2 is... cerebral? (perhaps in their own little dream world?)

Should be an easy takedown... and I do believe it's starting with AIPAC.

"Taking Down the Neocons" http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=6826

On Monday, August 08, 2005 7:59 AM [PDT], Jim Devine <jdevine03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dunno. If you find almost any group of intellectuals in the US --
> say, URPE -- I would think that a high proportion (50%+?) would be
> Jewish. This is because Jewish folks value education so much.
> JD

That's a stereotype... albeit hard to argue against. 8'>

As someone much wiser than me has said: (wise enough to remain anonymous) "It's more complicated than that."

My Muslim friends value education highly as well. One has told me: "In my culture, if you don't have a college education, you aren't even fit to scrub a toilet."

I think the Yeshivas should be monitored or shut down as has happened to the madrasses of the US supported Muslim countries in the middle east region, and what is taught in shul should be monitored, like a mosque. [heheheh]

They are breeding grounds for radical zionist ideas AND action. [heheheh]

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Isn't it? Well?

Let's hear some shrillness from the intellectual "Israel's zionists aren't intentionally doing anything horrific or endangering to the faith in the name of World Jewry" crowd. I need a laugh.

On Monday, August 08, 2005 8:39 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> What is gained analytically by pointing out that the neocons are
> disproportionately made up of Jews? I can see what's at risk of loss
> - one's credibility.
>
> Doug

My point exactly. There *is* no reason to lose credibilty for stating a demonstrable fact, an obvious, demonstrable... fact.

But there is a reason why people would slam someone who states it... I call it a diversion. Someone else might call it protecting jewry... but I don't.

The analytical gain is knowing why, and applying the knowledge to current circumstances... which as I've stated I believe, is a nasty little war in Iraq wherein the indigenous Iraqis will be replaced (quite literally & brutally) or controlled by westernized Iraqis.

Cf Israel.

The question really is: Does anyone CARE if that happens as long as *their* little world keeps humming along?

The Iraqis apparently do, and the Muslim world is aghast at the possibilty of a QUITE REAL holy war, which appears to be just... ramping... up.

Ward Churchill could probably put this in a historical context but I'll just say it straight out. Ethnocide takes centuries to complete, and it's most effective form *appears* to be an "inside job".

The question STILL is: Does anyone CARE if that happens as long as *their* little world keeps humming along?

In those times, it was Smohalla... and the Ghost Dance. The women and little children in the camps too. We killed them all.

Now the suicide bombers are upon us.

And we don't... know... what... to... do.

Have a "hell to pay" day, Leigh www.leighm.net

>From Google definitions:
Definitions of Ethnocide on the Web:

a.. destruction of a culture without physically killing its people.

www.geocities.com/brianmyhre/5Def.htm

b.. Ethnocide is a concept related to genocide; unlike genocide, which has entered into international law, ethnocide remains primarily the province of sociologists, who have not yet settled on a single cohesive meaning for the term.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnocide