[lbo-talk] Mike Ferner: "What One Mom Has to Say to George Bush"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 9 10:09:42 PDT 2005

What One Mom Has to Say to George Bush by Mike Ferner

"That lying bastard, George Bush, is taking a five-week vacation in time of war," Cindy Sheehan told 200 cheering members of Veterans for Peace at their annual convention in Dallas last Friday evening. She then announced she would go to Bush's vacation home in nearby Crawford, Texas and camp out until he "tells me why my son died in Iraq. I've got the whole month of August off, and so does he."

Sheehan left the VFP meeting on Saturday morning and is now in Crawford with a couple dozen veterans and local peace activists, waiting for Bush to talk with her. She said in Dallas that if he sent anyone else to see her, (as he didwhen national security adviser Steve Hadley and deputy White House chief of staff Joe Hagin did later that day), she would demand that "You get that maniac out here to talk with me in person." . . .

FULL TEXT: <http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/ferner090805.html>.

Be sure to call or email the White House and tell the POTUS to talk to Cindy: "Contact information for the White House is: (202) 456-1111 or <comments at whitehouse.gov>.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>