[lbo-talk] Re: Cooper responds to Monthly Review "demonization'

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 10 09:10:39 PDT 2005

> My recent little contribution to Monthly Review's webzine has
> attracted the argument I've expected from Cooper in response, "your
> demonizing me!!". I think from Cooper's perspective as long as he
> has good intentions...no one should criticise him.
>
> For all his endless attacks on the left, which are far nastier than
> anything I wrote about him in that little piece, ya'd think he
> could respond with more than lamenting being 'demonized'. his
> retort is at,
> http://marccooper.com/
>
> I've responded, but he'll probably erase that soon enough...
>
> Steve

I'm so happy to see that Marc Cooper found a passing mention of his name in your article so quickly. Is Cooper a kind of guy who Googles the Net for his name every day? Or does he love you so much that he Googles for your name? :->

I see that Devine, Perelman, and Yates all joined the fray at marccooper.com. Also among eighty comments left there is one by Abbas-Ali Abadani, which favorably mentions "Lenin" of Lenin's Tomb. ("Lenin" will make his own debut at mrzine.org shortly.)

I got an idea for exponentially increasing link love and web traffic. I should encourage potential contributors to squeeze in a mention of "an intellectual who has a website and frequently Googles the Web for his name." :->

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>