[lbo-talk] martial law in US

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:34:30 PDT 2005

Wojtek:
> Charles, I agree with your comment re. Constitution and I am not a fan of
> the current political regime. But it is not at all clear to me, why on
> earth would the powers that be want to impose a military rule/fascism other
> than as advertised (i.e. in response to an actual emergency).

Charles:
> I'd say, in a few words, class strategic planning....

In addition, our noble and wise leaders instinctively take a punitive approach to dealing with their social inferiors when they face little or no serious opposition pushing them toward more democratic and liberal approaches.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.