[lbo-talk] "Lenin" at mrzine.org + linking marxism and anarchism! + the evil of Adobe

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Aug 10 14:01:34 PDT 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I put in a link to news.infoshop.org on the homepage. It's in red, so
> it should stand out some -- it's between Serendipity and the AUTHOR,
> DATE, and SUBJECT indexes. It's just the word "Infoshop.org" now, but
> I'll make an image link later, maybe photoshopping <http://
> www.infoshop.org/inews/layout/professional/images/logo.gif>. I'd like
> to think that my photoshopping skills are improving.

Thanks.

> Speaking of Photoshop, however, recently I found out that I couldn't
> install Photoshop (which I _paid_ for, as I needed it for mrzine.org)
> on my laptop unless I first "deactivated" it on my desktop and
> "transferred activation" to the laptop: "In order to run an Adobe
> application on a computer other than the one that the software was
> originally installed on, you must transfer the activation. To transfer
> activation, choose Help > Transfer Activation and click the Transfer
> button. Transferring the activation disables the use of the product on
> the computer that you transfer the activation from and allows you to
> use the application on the other machine. In order to run the software
> on the first machine, you must transfer the activation again" (at
> <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/ 331418.html>). Can capitalism
> get more annoying?

I only use pirated capitalist software and free software. I can't recall a time in the past decade where I spent any of my own money on software. Unless we count video games like Civilization and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I use Photoshop all the time, but have never run into this problem. Are you using a newer version which tracks registered copies closely?

It isn't Photoshop, but I recommend folks check out Inkscape, a free open source graphics program for multiple platforms. Vector graphics!

Chuck