[lbo-talk] Re: Helping Boys Become Men, and Girls Become Women

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 11 05:39:32 PDT 2005

Dear List:

I am very disturbed by what B. posted. It has shaken me. Let me explain:

> 1. A strong feeling that they are "different" from
other boys.

But I was different -- I was smarter.

> 2. A tendency to cry easily, be less athletic, and
dislike the roughhousing that other boys enjoy.

But I did roughhouse -- loved to mix it up with the boys.

> 3. A persistent preference to play female roles in
make-believe play.

I always played Daddy (still do).

> 4. A strong preference to spend time in the company
of girls and participate in their games and other pastimes.

I never spent time with girls (they have cooties) and was almost exclusively in pursuit of male friendship and companionship.

> 6. A tendency to walk, talk, dress and even "think"
effeminately.

Oh dog, I never thought effeminately.

> 7. A repeatedly stated desire to be - or insistence
that he is - a girl.

All I ever wanted to be was a boy who loved boys.

DOES THIS MEAN I AM NOT GAY ?!?!?!?!?

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Brian Dauth Queer (??) Buddhist Resister