[lbo-talk] O'Reilly demands mom of dead war vet "choose between Bush or Michael Moore"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 06:01:22 PDT 2005

Falafel Bill goes for a new low on his program by demanding the mom of a slain war vet "CHOOSE BETWEEN BUSH OR MICHAEL MOORE." The woman was booked to be an "anti-Cindy Sheehan," apparently [Cindy Sheehan being another mom of a slain war vet who is protesting in Crawford], but she ended up not going by the script O'Reilly wanted her to.

Video etc. at URL below.

-B.

---

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/08/10.html

Bill O'Reilly Lowers the Bar

I was watching this segment come up tonight and I thought that Bill had brought on a mom named Dolores Kesterson who had lost her son in the war and who would take an opposite stance than Cindy Sheehan. Thomas de Zengotita on the Huffington Post noticed exactly the same thing I did: "Dolores was slated to be the anti-Cindy Sheehan." Read his piece.

Video-WMP ( I edited out most of the first half of the interview )

Bill asks her to choose between Michael Moore and President Bush, I kid you not. Her answer: "Well, I don't really know everything that Michael Moore stands for, but I know he hasn't caused anybody to be killed for no good reason..."

[...]

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/08/10.html

August 10, 2005 entry