[lbo-talk] Who Owns Your Work?

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 19:10:18 PDT 2005

sorry 'bout that. unfinished.

Anyone have good idears for a blog name? ha ha ha! no seriously. my creative brain cells are fried!

Basically, it's all bogus. Yoshie and Dwayne, I honestly don't know what to do about publicity and raising funds to help with this. Besides, what it basically boils down to is a SLAP in the economic competition sense: using the courts to bleed the competition so they can't keep their business going.

No one is going to care about that. Oh, wow, big whoop. Who cares? It's not like a freedom of speech issue. It's just what businesses do to each other every single day, bleed the other guy dry. Only in this case, it's small potatoes. His tens of thousands against our five thousand.

Unless you have money for an attorney to send letters and file motions, you can't do what you are allowed to do by law when the other guy is willing to do whatever they can afford to do until the courts finally screams uncle.

A bulldog attorney will want to be paid to be a bulldog. Simple as that.

And never mind all that: this culture has a strong tendency to believe that you are guilty until proven innocent. People can't wrap their head around why. So what that I say that I had permission. So what that I posted here, 20 minutes after i was laid off, that I thought i was free to use my work. You have to have some bona fides with people to put their trust in you.

Anyway, I was joking before about that Patriot Act. (I mean, with my luck, I do NOT know, but hey...) Anyway, I was referring to the allegations leveled in the first complaint.

Cliams about the Patriot Act and executive orders were made PRO SE.

If you saw it, you would see why it had to be amended. So, what happened was, an attorney stepped in, cleaned it up, removed the PA stuff, and entered something that was only slightly less full of holes.

The first complaint, though, is full of the most egregious slander. None of it is acceptable in a pleading. BUT, it's all in the public record. So, background check me, r, or sonshine and guess what? It's on our record now and there is NOTHING in employment law to stop it. An employer can say anything they want in a complaint filed in civil court. No background check is going to note that it was pro se.

And so what? What happens when people even get a whiff that you might not be on good terms? It doesn't matter how good you are or how golden you are. You are screwed.

So, you get the privilege of paying an attorney to file a motion to get it dismissed -- there's another term that's stronger. I've forgotten what it is.

But you see? It doesn't matter. There it is. Do you think any of us will pass muster now? Do you think that I will ever find out that I don't get a job or a contract b/c of the background check so i CAN sue?

Nice, eh? Even nicer: They can keep doing it and doing it and doing it. Anyone can file a complaint pro se or hire an attorney, pay the filing fee, and force you to hire an attorney to file another motion to get it nullified. Otherwise, if it stays in the public record unanswered, you don't look good. MY son, who had nothing to do with any of this, has been named.

Do you really think that was necessary? That was put in there to terrify me. There is nothing you can do to sanction this crap.