[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on India: wrong? (was, U.N. seeks aid...)

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Aug 12 08:35:53 PDT 2005

KJ wrote:

>Let's cut to the chase: Are there, or are there not suicides occuring
>for the reasons that Cockburn cites, attributing it to his host's
>reportage?

You may check my original response to Doug Henwood. I said I have posted enough material on Indian agriculture on this list earlier that provides the background. It is available in the archives. I also said that I had posted some material on farmers' suicides on PEN-L mailing list some months ago. I further said that I can try to locate it and make it available, if anyone is interested. I also wrote farmers' suicides are largely restricted to parts of states such as Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra.Please check my first response in the archives.

Ulhas