[lbo-talk] Why WBAI Has No Money

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 12 09:47:27 PDT 2005

> if WBAI is to survive purely by broadcasting "alternative
> medicine", "global beat experience", and such, what's the point of
> WBAI as a genuine voice of left politics?
>
> --ravi

On one hand, I can't agree more with you. On the other hand, I also know that lots of independent video rental stores that stock a lot of obscure films that only people like me ever rent once in a while -- to take just one example -- never ever survive without their hardcore porn rental proceeds. So, my advice to WBAI is make money on xxx- rated sex and spend it on such high-minded (and only occasionally salacious) programs as Doug's. :->

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>