[lbo-talk] India's Tech Sector

Cseniornyc at aol.com Cseniornyc at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 14:46:44 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote: Unlike other poor countries, India has a very dynamic tech sector that's not just about outsourcing. Seems like the boosters want to focus only on that, and the gloomsters on rural immiseration, when both things are true at once, and more." Comment: Hopefully it is a very dynamic sector, but can we find stats, data supporting this claim?,i.e, the % of GDP attributed to it, value added by the sector, the % of the labor force employed by the tech sector, the % of internal sales, the number of patents attributed to locals, etc? Until we can get a hold of these data, the claims would remain impressionistic,a la Thomas Friedman. Cristobal Senior