[lbo-talk] Better Than China, Saudi Arabia, Etc.!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Aug 13 10:58:13 PDT 2005

> --- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
>

> > You may want to look at UNDP's Human Development
> > Index and rank at
> > http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2004/
> >
> > Russia's rank (57) can be compared with China (94).
> >
> > If one wanted make facile comparisons, one could add
> > Saudi Arabia (77), Turkmenistan (86) and Azerbaijan
> > (91) to the list. :)
> >
> > Ulhas
> >

> How come Chinese illegal immigrants are flooding into Russia, and
> not vice versa? ;)
>
> Nu, zayats, pogodi!

Things are better in Russia and India than in China, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, and Azerbaijan. Somehow, that doesn't impress me. :-

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>