[lbo-talk] query:Cindy Sheehan

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:55:06 PDT 2005

> --good point Charles. I can see the anti-antiwar movementistas 'from the
> left' attacking her for changing her mind actually and your response is
> spot on for deflating the power of that 'ah hah gotcha!' tactic.
>
> steve

my nightmare: some left sectarians start attacking her as being as "petty bourgeois" or worse, while others on the left start glorifying her as a new saint. A third tendency (consisting, perhaps, of only one individual) sends her an endless number of e-mails about Stalinism and the like, including such sources as David Horrorwitz's rag and Hitchens.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.