[lbo-talk] the World Can't Wait

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 17 12:20:43 PDT 2005

John Thornton:
> And who gets to determine what level of extreme qualifies? You but not
Charles? Carrol
> but not Moyers?
> Because I disagree with you consider that evidence that I have, in your
words, failed to
> "consider their
> intensity, coexistence with other symptoms, or probabilistic matching
overall behavioral
> patterns"? Is this a
> failing of Charles, Bill Moyers and myself or everyone who disagrees with
you?

Chill out, John. This was not an ad-hominem, I did not have you personally in mind when I was writing my post. I used the oft-cited quote that you happened to post to critique the strategy of mere enumerating elements of fascism without giving proper consideration to their relative incidence and weight.

Wojtek