[lbo-talk] article idea

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 18 07:59:45 PDT 2005

>I was reading the Washington Post this morning, and these assholes were irritatingly described as "Israeli settlers." How many of them are even Israeli? >In the very same article they describe some wackjob screeching at the soldiers in "New York-accented English." If the Palestinians did anything like >this, they'd be mowed down.

FWIW I was channel surfing this morning and hit live coverage of the Israeli army pulling people out of a synagogue in Gaza, the VO noted that 'most or all' of the people being dragged out weren't settlers but were from other parts of the country.

As noted, one can only imagine the response if Palestinians had brought in say, Iranians, to resist forced evictions because of the 'security wall'.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon