[lbo-talk] Annalee says we all need porn, servers, and stem cells

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 10:10:15 PDT 2005

Leigh Meyers posted:

Rackspace rolled over?

========

Yup.

I heard about this a week or so ago via 2600's podcast.

The lesson here (or at least, one of them) is that the attitude many people take towards privacy issues -- 'I've nothing to hide, what's the worry? - we're at war so let's cooperate first and ask questions never of our government protectors -- serves up, sooner of later, both big and small slices of grief.

The sub-textual assumption is that the accused (or, in this case, the under investigation) are surely guilty of whatever the unknown charges are so going above and beyond the call of a subpoena to aid the federales isn't a problem but your duty.

The feds ask for server logs and, with remarkable speed, you copiously piss your pants and hand over entire servers -- eagerly stumbling over your own feet to help since the smoke of a request must mean fire and 'we don't want any trouble.'

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> "Get outta that spaceship and fight like a man!"