[lbo-talk] Yobs in uniform

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Aug 19 11:14:07 PDT 2005

Wojtek wrote:

>And I still stand by what I wrote. I do not believe that the
>government and its agencies are the biggest threat to society - I
>believe that the biggest threat are those who believe that they can
>do whatever it takes to accomplish their own goals whatever those
>goals may be...

I agree. Unfortunately, in the Real World, it is easy to make a list of those threatening individuals--and that list has to be headed by Ubu POTUS (Bush jr.), R. Cheney, T. Blair, Sir I. Blair, with their agents, confederates, and paymasters. Even more unfortunately,
>that list coincides with a list of those controlling "the government and
its agencies."

Given this reality, and the vast power difference between those individuals and your run-of-the-mill psycopaths, I suggest that your following sentence would be much improved by this slight change:

> I firmly believe that we need to protect ourselves from such
>individuals, and the government and its agencies (including law
>enforcement) are by far the most effective...

*threat from which we need protection.*

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos