[lbo-talk] Re:jews and zionism

Frank Scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Sat Aug 20 11:33:50 PDT 2005

"Among Jewish Americans, I believe there are much fewer boneheaded "Israel-Right-or-Wrong" types of responses to concrete questions about Israel and Palestinians than among non-Jewish white Americans, especially adjusted for income." (yoshie)

that really depends on where you are and what company you keep...

while few if any of my jewish friends would accept the label "zionist", and just about all are critical - and embarassed - of some aspects of israeli policy, none of them can be shaken in the notion that israel must be a jewish state and that palestinians , sadly, have no right of return, etc.

i do know one fanatic zionist who is not jewish and is impossible on the issue, but by and large, i think if "gentiles" voted in a secret ballot, the middle east problem would vanish rather quickly...palestine would become a state like south africa, most of the jews who always lived there would remain, and many if not most others would get the hell out and go back home...

again, depends on where you are and who you hang out with, but the israeli lobby is not composed of gentiles,but it does a fine job of controlling the american government policy re israel, without the help of "non-jewish white americans" in its membership, and regardless of any income adjustments...

fs

________________________________________________________________ Sent via the WebMail system at mail.marin.cc.ca.us