[lbo-talk] AC on The Real Peace Ticket!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 22 13:16:30 PDT 2005

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>Probably because Paul has been a consistent opponent of the
>war, if from a paleo-con/libertarian position -- which has
>been the source of more principled criticism of the war than
>what passes for liberalism in this country.

Sure. Libertarians are good on civil liberties too. But they're hell on the working class - and Paul is some kind of retro-patriarch too. But Ace doesn't care about stuff like that much.

Sanders is hardly prowar - his pullout stance sounds stronger than Hagel's, in fact - but that's never stopped Ace from bashing him. If you'd rather have Ron Paul in high office than Bernie Sanders then maybe your politics are a lot different from what I'd assumed.

Doug