[lbo-talk] Pat Robertson calls for Chavez hit

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Aug 23 10:59:55 PDT 2005

Joanna; And underlines the fact that in the current doublespeak "democracy" = "free market."

WS: I think it is a bit more (but not much) complex than that: free market for the poor, corporate welfarism cum state protectionism for the rich. Which dove-tails John Kenneth Galbraith (I believe) observation that under the US style "free market" the rich will not work unless remunerated handsomely, while the poor will stop working if paid too much. In any case, 'free market' cum its legitimating mythology is, as the Bearded One observed, like a religion - or is god-given, everyone else's is man-made.

How is life?

Wojtek