[lbo-talk] Jim Devine's Real Energy CPI

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:29:58 PDT 2005

I disagree with Carrol's statement below. "It's not the whole story" as a critique is central the dialectical perspective and to Marxism. The problem with the more sophisticated (i.e., non-Chicago) neoclassical economics is NOT that it's wrong but that it leaves out a tremendous amount from its analysis (e.g., class relations). What people leave out is quite revealing.

> Glad to see we're in line with last month's writ:
>
> At 4:55 PM -0500 7/15/05, Carrol Cox wrote:
> >Nothing is ever the whole story. "It's not the whole story" is one of
> >the most fatuous combination of words in the english language.

-- Jim Devine "living a life of quiet desperation -- but always with style!"