[lbo-talk] Not a technophobe

ravi lbo at kreise.org
Wed Aug 24 09:53:32 PDT 2005

Michael Perelman wrote:
> I do not consider myself a technophobe. In Chico, I don't need a car
> except to leave town. A bicycle is excellent transportation, but I
> ride while listening to Democracy Now or some such program using a
> modern MP3 player. The question is not so much whether technology is
> good or bad, but rather whether it is appropriate.

while i tend to fall (mostly) on your side of the above opinion, i do not think that the question (of whether technology is good or bad, on a scale, not in a binary sense -- as in the 'golem') is to be ruled out or is unimportant. do we really need to reach as far back as heidegger to address that concern seriously?

--ravi