[lbo-talk] personal attacks v delusional rants

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 24 10:01:02 PDT 2005

Jim Devine wrote:

>Wojtek:
>> By publishing his [Louis Proyect's] delusional rants, Counter Punch
>> stooped lower than tabloids. The latter claim to be nothing more than low
>> brow entertainment, the former pretends to be serious.
>
>some of LP's "rants" are worth reading, others not. But the above kind
>of personal attack is worse than a delusional rant.

I'd be among the last to shill for LNP (though I have recommended him for a writing assignment), but Jim's got a point about personal attacks - they're not helpful. Whether they're worse than delusional rants is an open question - but in any case, Le Proyect himself is not really a compelling topic of conversation.

Doug