[lbo-talk] Bush's reading list (was: War protests in LA area)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 12:41:15 PDT 2005

--- Peter Lavelle <untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Radzinsky is a kook. Awful - it is not scholarship -
> it is theater. What he writes creates a lot of heat,
> but no light.

I really enjoyed his Rasputin book, but can't vouch for its accuracy. His Stalin bio, on the other hand, was absolutely loony.

I just bought Zinoviev's Russkaya Tragediya, which looks great -- although his politics are wacky, he really is a brilliant novelist. Katastroika was hilarious ("Long Live Feudalism, Glorious Future of All Mankind!"), and Yawning Heights, which I haven't read, is supposedly first-rate.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs