[lbo-talk] Howl festival in NYC

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 24 12:47:40 PDT 2005

Dear Friends,

Please join me this Saturday (8/27) from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Howl Festival Parade, where Acts of Art will be parading and asking like Ginsberg:

"America, why are your libraries full of tears?" And "America, when will you be angelic?"

And parading and promising like Ginsberg:

"America, I'm putting my queer shoulder to the wheel!"

We'll be meeting between 11 and 11:30 a.m. in the triangular park near the Cooper Union Building, just southeast of Astor Place. Look for the smashing purple and blue Acts of Art banner. The parade will begin at noon and proceed to Tompkins Square Park where the Howl Festival will be in full swing. If you need directions, call Susan Brennan with AofA at 917-903-3383 or me at 917-439-9480.

Acts of Art is a new group of artists committed to political activism. Check out www.actart.org for more info.

Hope to see you there!

Jen Benka