[lbo-talk] Russian Thinkers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 14:02:51 PDT 2005

--- andie nachgeborenen Now Z is a neo-Communist reactionary, having realized too late what was lost.

--

Zinoviev is even an advisor to the Communist Party of the Russian Federation. I have a collection of his post-Societ political essays, many of which were addresses to the CPRF, "To a Party of the Future" (my translation of title -- if Solzhenitsin's book on on Russo-Jewish relations can't get translated, I'm sure nobody is translating Zinoviev. I wonder if this is an opportunist thing, or if he really had some kind of existential change of heart. In an interview I once posted to this list, Roy Medvdedev says something like "I don't know what happened to Zinoviev, maybe somebody insulted him."

The former dissidents have taken interesting career arcs. Solzhenitsyn is a passionate anti-American, Zinoviev is a Communist, Medvedev is a passionate Putinist.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs