[lbo-talk] Day 4 at Camp Casey Detroit

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Aug 25 09:22:08 PDT 2005

Friends-

1. August 25, 2005: This is day 4 at Camp Casey-Detroit at Grand Circus Park (Woodward & Adams). Last night we had a great rally where speakers reported back from our trip to Crawford, Texas last weekend. Solidarity messages from several groups were also presented. Veterans for Peace joined the camp, along with Million Worker March, Solidarity, Workers World and others. Students from Eastern Michigan U came when they heard about it. People continue to bring food and water. As you might imagine absolutely no mainstream media covered us. But word is getting out and new volunteers are coming in to give some relief to others who have been there long hours, including overnight.

FRIDAY NIGHT WILL BE PIZZA NIGHT AT CAMP CASEY-DETROIT! Bring a pizza and some pop or juice and come on down from 5 to 8 PM. Your support is crucial to keeping up this anti-war encampment - part of a national movement started by Cindy Sheehan whose son, Casey, died in Iraq. We heard that Cindy is back in Crawford after being with her ill mother for a while. If you have free time any time day or night, come by to say hello, drop off a donation or some food, stay for a few hours, etc.

We could also use entertainment - so if you have a guitar and sing, let us know when you can come and perform.

You can call 313-680-5508 for more information.