Fwd: Re: [lbo-talk] Israeli Punk

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 06:14:46 PDT 2005

> [My friend Joel Schalit, whose day job is now as
> managing editor of
> Tikkun (!), writes...]

His
> opinions clearly
> reflect his own political positions, which while
> very interesting,
> are totally untrustworthy given the fact that he's a
> bolshevik.

I read an article on the Israeli National Bolsheviks in the Russian edition of Newsweek about a year ago. Lots of photos of young people wearing the NBP logo and holding signs in Hebrew. The article expressed a bit of amusement that such Russian Jewish emigrees are called "Russians" in Israel, whereas in Russia Jews are considered a separate ethnicity. They put the word Russian in scare-quotes.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs