[lbo-talk] Planned assassination of Pat Robertson by US Special Forces?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 06:57:25 PDT 2005

Vheadlines:

Published: Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bylined to: Bob Reynolds

Consideration given to assassination of Pat Robertson by US Special Forces?

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 05:38:34 -0400 From: Bob Reynolds mdog218 at bellsouth.net To: president at whitehouse.gov, vp at whitehouse.gov, askdoj at usdoj.gov

Cc: Editor at VHeadline.com

Subject: Assassination of Pat Robertson http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=45648

Pat Robertson has openly called for the assassination of President Chavez of Venezuela, suggesting that our Special Forces carry out the operation.

As I understand it an Executive Order has been signed that allows for targeted assassinations and at least one has taken place in Yemen.

Apparently the Attorney General has determined that Rev. Robertson will not be prosecuted under US law.

However what Rev. Robertson has done is a very serious crime against United States interests. We are heavily reliant on Venezuelan oil and his call for the Chavez assassination jeopardizes our access to that oil as well as deliberately interfering in the foreign policy of the United States.

Further, his past history of seeking the nomination of the Republican party as its candidate for President may well lead many in the world to believe that his remarks reflect the views of President Bush and the Bush administration.

Certainly President Chavez believes this to be the case.

Therefore in order to restore our credibility and ensure the continued flow of Venezuelan oil, I propose that consideration be given to the assassination of Pat Robertson by our Special Forces or other covert operatives.

Absent federal prosecution for inciting to violence and for calling openly for murder there seems to be no other way to silence this extremist who endangers our supply of oil and who by his actions against Chavez may be endangering the life of our president by Venezuelan extremists.

I hope you will give careful consideration to this modest proposal and determine whether our policy of targeted assassinations may be applied to US citizens under the precedent of declaring Padilla as an enemy combatant.

If you determine that it would be no more appropriate to assassinate Rev. Robertson than it would be to assassinate President Chavez, perhaps you can declare Rev. Robertson to be an enemy combatant and jail him.

Under the Patriot Act it would appear that he is giving support to the terrorists by endangering our oil supplies and by undermining the foreign policy of the United States.

Bob Reynolds mdog218 at bellsouth.net Orange Park, FL

Leigh www.leighm.net