[lbo-talk] AQKhan gave North Korea centrifuges, confirms Musharraf

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 26 09:59:06 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Mr. Khan deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, considering how conducive to
>peace is the possession of nuclear weapons by potential targets of u.s.
>aggression.

Best would be that no one had nuclear weapons. But that's impossible, so we've got to go with the second best, which is that everyone should have them. Now we learn that Kennedy thought of nuking China - but he quickly changed his mind when China developed its own bomb. It should be some kind of right of Westphalian passage - you become a country, you get a bomb. I hope Iran gets one soon before the Bush admin does something massively stupid.

Doug