[lbo-talk] Free Cindy Sheehan!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 26 10:06:20 PDT 2005

Chuck0 wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
> > I've heard from a couple of sources now that Fenton
> Communications, the
> > "progressive" PR outfit that's handling Cindy Sheehan's
> publicity, is
> > keeping the press away from her, apparently because she's given to
> > making intemperately strong statements of the sort that embarrasses
> > publicists. They're only allowing organized press conferences,
> and not
> > individual interviews.
>
> Fenton isn't the only PR firm involved. I have one friend who has
> been in Crawford for several weeks, working for another PR firm.

With Doug's permission, "Free Cindy Sheehan!" will be posted at MRZine.org. If your friend can talk about the situation, (anonymously if s/he must), please have her/him contact me at yoshie at monthlyreview.org.

> Sheehan's protest will only pack a punch when she is surrounded by
> other military moms and a minimal support staff. Everything else is
> a circus which will be used by the right wing ass clowns to
> marginalize Sheehan and the peace movement.

I'm not necessarily against support staff and even PR agents, but you know _Democratic Party_ consultants know how to turn even assets into liabilities. :-| Cindy, if you need a PR firm, hire a good old corporate hack who has no particular political agenda except to make money!

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>