[lbo-talk] free Cindy Sheehan!

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Fri Aug 26 13:17:33 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote,

>And Christopher Hitchens was once a flamboyant gay Trot, too.

>Fenton's come a long way from that. And I wish I could tell you an
>anecdote illustrating how, but I can't.

I hold no brief for Fenton Communications. I first heard of them yesterday. But there are exactly two things egregiously wrong with your post, Doug. First, the insinuation is that MoveOn/Fenton = Christopher Hitchens in political trajectory. Oh no, you didn't actually SAY it. You simply mentioned Hitchens in an off-hand way as an example of how people change their stripes. Right. Second, "I wish I could tell you... but I can't" is right out of the Joe McCarthy playbook. "I have here in my hands a list ..."

If you "can't" divulge your supposedly damning information, Doug, then please spare us the innuendo lest with nothing more than undisclosed innuendo, generaized antipathy for the Democratic Party and an insinuating association with Christopher Hitchens we leap blindly into strange political bed-fellowship with David Horowitz and his FrontPage Magazine goons: http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14893

Sandwichman