[lbo-talk] Cuba's painful transition from sugar economy

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 12:20:20 PDT 2005

Dwayne

>The urge to fly from modern systems, instead of moving through them
>to even greater, fairer things is, I think, an indication of deep
>weariness and confusion.

to which Doug adds

"Yup. And that's one of the sadder symptoms of the erosion of Marxism: nostalgia and despair."

I tried to argue that agri-business's did good as well as bad in 'two cheers for agri-business', Review of Radical Political Economy, June 2000. Michael Perelman wrote a rather snooty reply, I thought.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0486-6134(00)80019-4