[lbo-talk] Cuba's painful transition from sugar economy

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Aug 27 15:47:30 PDT 2005

I don't have time to go to the library. Our daughter is visiting. The Dept of Ag. puts out a fuller report with individual countries. Notice that Greece is not even listed on the page that you give.

But everytime I have looked at the data, the US is not the leader in yield.

Corn is probably the crop for which the US has a natural advantage in terms of soil types, climate, etc.

Maybe someone has time to go to a library to check the publication, Agricultural Statistics, which I used. I tried to use the web version, which does not seem to give foreign comparisons any more.