[lbo-talk] lbo, a den of right-wingers?

Guest lbodownload at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 06:27:53 PDT 2005

> How do you know? Her growth/height may have been
> affected by genetics,
> dearth of food during "growth" periods, childhood
> illness, and other
> factors.

This is like if you asked me how I know that oxygen starvation causes brain damage. I'm not sure it's worthwhile to respond to this kind of question.

Here goes. It's sort of generally known that a varied diet with larger portions that includes lots of dietary protein, which usually comes from animal products, promotes more successful physical development. I didn't expect anyone to have a problem with this and in my OP was just trying to point out some of the downsides to trad ag.

> >>don't think I made any claims about vegetarian
> diets
> >>generally, though I in fact I do suspect they're
> no
> >>good for you unless you're super careful.
> >>
> Why do you suspect that?

Authority. Some textbooks, my family doctor.

>Also, is being tall better
> than being short?

Yes.

> There is no question that there is a relation
> between
> health/nutrition/height, but Americans who have
> "benefitted" the most
> from agribusiness are getting shorter. And that's a
> fact. Good New
> Yorker article on the subject about a year ago.
>
> Joanna

Joanna, I think you are ignoring a strong trend in improved physical stature worldwide by focusing on a single exception to that trend in one country, and i don't find it obvious that we must blame farm tech or 'toxic' agribiz food for that exception. Can you explain why you think farm tech is to blame rather than any number of other factors, for example poverty, poor medical care, lousy eating habits, lack of exercise?

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs