[lbo-talk] Cuba's painful transition from sugar economy

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun Aug 28 07:09:11 PDT 2005

Carll Remick wrote:

> [Ah, James, you're not the only one keen to put the Third World on the
> cutting edge of technology.]
>
> Published in the July 1, 2002 issue of The Nation
>
> Globalizing Clinical Research
> Big Pharma Tries Out First World Drugs on Unsuspecting Third World
> Patients

---------------------------- But I just saw James write (the part you neglected to quote): "The question of which technologies are you for or against is absurd. Technology is not political, its application is. The question of whether to use a pulley or a lever has no political consequences. The social relations between the users and the owners of the levers and pulleys do."

Seems to me your example perfectly illustrates his point.