[lbo-talk] SBUX, favorite of the young, liberal, and female

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:03:56 PDT 2005

On Monday, August 29, 2005 9:08 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>
>> Dunkin' Donuts is "pencil shaving coffee"
>
> It's not bad, actually. Have you had any lately, or are you just
> sounding off?

Jeez, I live in a city that has more premium coffee shops than it has streetlights. I take my 20oz insulated stainless Starbucks mug(liberated by a friend and bartered) to a local shop and they fill it for $1.10, with expresso shot, $1.60.

I know people that swear by Waffle Hut and Denny's too, but they're really looking for a different "kind" of coffee.

It does taste like pencil shavings to my palate, although they may have added a premium blend to the list. It's unlikely that they've gone the whole premium route because Arabica beans cost *alot* more than the Robusta.

On a similar note, Some folks like brown mex, and others "Da Kine bud", there IS an equivalence.

THC or CBD/C (blend changes with curing) Arabica... Robusta. (blend changes with profit/loss/consumer demand)

See? Simple as "mud"!

Leigh www.leighm.net