[lbo-talk] Cuba's painful blah blah

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Mon Aug 29 17:00:51 PDT 2005

joanna wrote:

> or it can be an assembly line which breaks a task

> into a million meaningless tasks requiring no skill

> and creating an army of bored, depressed, stressed

> workers whose mental and physical life is degraded

> every day by having to do such work.

Oh, no, please don't say that, assembly lines _rock_. I couldn't possibly possess any of my cool stuff without them, not even books; I was born too low in caste.

snitsnat wrote:

> doesn't anyone wear briefs anymore?

No. Should I?

Carrol Cox wrote:

> In a sensible social order there would be no individual washing

> machines

I can't even trust my wife not to put fabric softener in with my pants, and you want me to share my Maytag with the neighbors. Sheesh you idealists.

> Given the productivity of medieval agriculture, just imagine how many

> peasants starved or died of sheer fatigue to feed the men who built

> those cathedrals.

Not to mention all the poor bastards who fell off the scaffolding.

Yours WD "OSHA" K - wkiernan at ij.net